YogaLife Institute Presents:
200 & 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Enrollment Now OPEN - Call TODAY FOR A PROGRAM CONSULTATION
Classical Lineage & Modern Innovation Methods
A Unique Yoga Teacher Training Experience.
The Purpose: Founder Bob Butera’s classical lineage is fused with wisdom with modern lifestyle innovations, developed during the 20 years he has been training yoga teachers. Bob’s heritage and wisdom, and years of experience, when combined with Kristen’s innovative somatic approach to adaptive yoga practices produces profound differences from other Yoga Teacher Trainings. Our focus in on student centered learning through relationship and community.
We welcome and enjoy a diverse group of unique and interesting folks into all of the YogaLife training programs. Our youngest teacher training graduate was 14 and our oldest 81. We teach an adaptable of asana that works with a variety of diverse body types. Many of our students bring their own previous education and life experiences to interact with the learning structures we have created for our Comprehensive Yoga Lifestyle perspective. Over the years we have welcomed Doctors, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Psychologists, Professors, Dancers, Bodyworkers, Musicians, Artists, Nutritionists, Personal Trainers, Corporate Moguls, Spiritual Seekers, Cultural Change makers who want to cultivate peace of mind and focus for themselves, and bring the transformational teachings of yoga into their homes, workplaces, communities and other venues.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
Pathway to Becoming a Certified Yoga Teacher
200 and 500 Hour Trainings Defined
200 Hour Teacher Training
- Learn powerful yoga lifestyle principles. Dive deep into personal applications of yoga philosophy and psychology.
- Apply the holistic lifestyle teachings of Yoga to your self - transform your perspective and experience of a yoga lifestyle from the inside out.
- Gain new teaching skill sets – create a database of new and exciting movement experiences that will innovate your classes and private teaching sessions.
- Learn how to teach yoga poses in an intelligent, adaptive and inclusive way – gain insight into yoga poses and creating meaningful and innovative practice experiences.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Develop advanced teaching skills in the following categories - seeing, speaking, assisting and adapting. Dive deep into the applications of yoga philosophy and psychology.
- Master the art of the private lesson. Apply individualized yoga practices to private clients – build confidence and experience with the support of your teachers, mentors and fellow students.
- Gain deeper insights into a variety of yoga pose experiences – learn how yoga can help create a more robust nervous system.
- Be empowered to take on the role of experienced yoga teacher – apply what you know and learn more as you go. Get compassionate education, feedback and personal mentorship input to help you take your skills to the next level.
- Define your niche, get practical business advice. Learn how to teach seminars.
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
- 40 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- 40 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- 20 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Training
- Reiki Levels 1, 2 & 3 Training
The YogaLife Institute Teaching Team
YogaLife Institute has some of the most qualified yoga teachers on the planet! The majority of our teachers have more than 1000 hours of yoga training, are highly specialized and have advanced degrees and certifications. Each one of us brings our unique backgrounds and perspectives into the programs.
Bob Butera, PhD, E-RYT500, C-IAYT
Founder & Programs Director
Robert Butera is the founder of The YogaLife Institute and the publisher of Yoga Living magazine. Bob studied yoga at The Yoga Institute of Mumbai and later obtained a MA in Divinity and a Ph.D. in Yoga Therapy from the California Institute of Integral Studies.
With over 25 years of continual teaching experience, Bob is known for sharing Classical Yoga principles in a practical way that connects students with their own divinity.
Kristen Butera, E-RYT500, C-IAYT
Owner & Programs Director
Kristen Butera is the owner of the YogaLife Institute and the editor of Yoga Living Magazine. She has been studying and teaching for fifteen years, accumulating 3500+ hours of professional training in a variety of styles.
Kristen's passion is for training yoga teachers and therapists, creating a learning environment that helps students connect modern anatomical and scientific innovations with the ancient wisdom of practice. Her teaching is focused on helping students make meaningful connections via embodied movement and awareness practices. She is the author of Yoga Therapy: A Personalized Approach for Your Active Lifestyle (Human Kinetics, 2017).
Yoga Teacher E-RYT500 & Yoga Therapist C-IAYT. Specialist in Kids Yoga and Nutrition. Research Scientist with a MA in Neuroscience.
Yoga Teacher ERYT500 & Yoga Therapist C-IAYT. Specialist in Kids Yoga and Behavioral Therapy. Shamanic Practitioner & Reiki Master.
Yoga Teacher ERYT500 & Yoga Therapist C-IAYT, Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage Specialist. Licensed esthetician.
Yoga Teacher E-RYT200 & Massage Therapist LMT, Shamanic Practitioner and Usui & Kundalini Reiki Master.
Ready To Take the Next Step?
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A PRESSURE-FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION WITH FOUNDER BOB BUTERA
Please sign up now to engage in a 15-30 minute conversation to learn more about the program... and see if it’s right for you.
Bob Butera, PhD
Founder & Programs Director
Robert is the founder of The YogaLife Institute. He studied yoga at The Yoga Institute of Mumbai. He holds Masters in Divinity from the Earlham School of Religion and a Ph.D. in Yoga Philosophy & Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies. He holds an E-RYT500 from the Yoga Alliance and a C-IAYT from the International association of Yoga Therapists.
He is also is the author of three books, The Pure Heart of Yoga, Meditation for Your Life and Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxiety (Llewellyn Worldwide) and the publisher of Yoga Living Magazine. Bob has been training Yoga Teachers & Yoga Therapists for more than 20 Years.