If you are a dedicated Yoga student who has fallen in love with the Yoga Lifestyle, and wants to explore it more deeply for your self and with others, this program is for you!
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Open Enrollment, Start Anytime
- In-Depth Learning with Top Industry Professionals
- Personal Mentoring
- Strong Community
- Practical Yoga Philosophy
- Applied Yoga Lifestyle Skills
- Self Regulation & Relaxation
- Physical, Emotional & Energetic Anatomy
- Adaptable Teaching Skills
- The Art of Teaching Yoga Classes
- Monthly Training & Teaching Practicums
- Art of Teaching Weekend Intensive
- Unlimited Access to Weekly Yoga Classes & Workshops
"There are many who are merely Hatha Yogis (psycho-physical yoga) without the knowledge of meditation. I think them to be simply practitioners who do not get the fruit of their efforts." - Hatha Yoga Pradipika: IV, 79
The YogaLife Institute is commissioned by The Yoga Institute of Bombay, India to train instructors and promote a unique system of teaching and Yoga philosophy. While there are interpretations of Yoga Philosophy to suit a Western culture, the essential tenets remain constant. Not only has the YogaLife teacher's training program has been approved by the Yoga Institute of Bombay, India, it meets and exceeds the requirements set forth by the Yoga Alliance, offering an additional 50 hours of training.
The YogaLife training program connects Yogic concepts to daily living so that you can be at your best through the stresses and challenges of modern life. The language, concepts and applications are clear and accessible to beginner and advanced students alike. Yoga is a theory-practice continuum. Theory remains gray without practice, and to help students practice meaningfully, we teach the theory behind what we are doing - not merely anatomy and physiology but also the spiritual-philosophical underpinnings of Yoga.
Our goal is to help guide you to learn the skills necessary to practice yoga completely and teach yoga effectively. The process of becoming a Yoga teacher is a personal journey, not to be entered into lightly. It requires a desire for introspection and inquiry. As you use the teachings of Yoga to better understand yourself, you begin to realize the teachings in daily life. A personal relationship and experience of Yoga are essential components of a realized practices that can be authentically shared with others.
In this program you will learn how to develop a daily yoga practice along with teaching skills. Teaching is not required for participation in the program, many people join just for their own personal development, but most do go on to teach or share yoga in some capacity with others.
- Twelve attendances at a monthly group workshop.
- Twelve months of weekly attendance at a Yoga class in which the teacher trainee may assist as s/he develops skills.
- Monthly reading and writing assignments and in-depth study of Yoga poses.
- Individual counseling sessions (on as as-needed basis) with trainer to develop study plan and ensure that the teacher trainee develops a daily yoga practice.
- One weekend YogaLife Intensive Program
- Brief letter of intent, describing Yoga background and aspirations
- Consultation with the program Director, Bob Butera (phone or in-person)
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE PROGRAM CONSULTATION
Are you Ready to take the next step?
Make an Appointment to talk with us about the program you are considering. If you are local, you are welcome to enjoy a complimentary class and get a tour of our new state of the art studio space.